CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Why do kids grow up so fast?






This New Year we've vowed to go on a nice hike at least once a month. We started our little challenge/pledge on 1/1/10. We hiked 2 trails totaling, eh I'd say, 2 miles. As usual, the boys wanted to go on the longest most dangerous hike possible. I suppose the possibility of finding a mountain lions den was quite intriguing to them. Nicky had a complete escape plan, including a decoy to allow the others to escape. Pretty clever, except I was the decoy. I tried taking as many pictures as possible to chronicle our New Year. The boys have learned to bear with me and my faulty camera battery. Sister Crismon had a 365 photo challenge, but that was a bit overwhelming. So I pondered a 52 photo challenge...and I settled on a 12 photo challenge. I'll still chronicle everything else as usual. The hikes will be our main focus for this year.



I couldn't help but hold back the tears. I'd lag behind on purpose. I was simply in awe. Watching my beautiful family enjoy nature, is bliss. The love of nature was instilled in me. I was taught to recognize and realize that the beauty around us wasn't just happenstance. Now I do as my mother did on our morning drives, I voice my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the majesty I see in the clear blue skies and on the rolling hills. I rejoice when my testimony grows when I feel the morning breeze, when I hear the birds sing, when I smell the wild herbs growing outdoors, and when I taste the salt in the air when we go to the beach. Sometimes I fear that the growth of a testimony is hindered if we don't use our senses. Because of that I'm grateful that we came to a consensus as a family, in regards to testimony growth and family unity, and take action! So as January comes to an end, it's time to plan another hike, and buy another camera battery.

1 comment: