CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Everything's Peachy!

Saturday, January 30th

Headed out for another hiking adventure. The recent rains gave this trip a few detours. The entire plateau was closed. They had all their elderly volunteers guarding every single entrance. We could've roughed em up but...we thought, "Nah, not today." So, we kept on driving. On to the land of, oh wo is me...I want a house like that! Just when we thought the jealousy would overcome us, we found our way out. Phew..good thing too. The views were, like my Tia Andy always says...TO DIE FOR!!!

So...no hiking for today. This was supposed to count as our February hike. No go. Where to go? Pizza Hut...table for 4 1/2...we're suckers for those insane 2fer deals. Hook, line, and sinker...and it was NASTY! Quality time....it was worth it. The kids have little to no interest in engaging in family chatter, they'd rather watch a brain zapping show on TV. Gone are the days of 1-2 slices per kid...more like 1-2 pizzas per kid. Fill our tummies and drain the bank account. Meet the Robinsons is playing. Cute movie. The boys mention that they're glad the story has a happy ending. I love the movie motto- KEEP MOVING FORWARD...I often sing it in a silly opera voice when my kids are dragging and don't wanna do what they're told. The 1/2. I still look at her and pinch myself. Not because she's a girl. Because we worked so hard for #4. All we had to do was stop trying...who knew...6 years later. Babies are FUN!

Olyvia was nice enough to lick the dried pizza sauce off the side of the table. I'm guessing she wanted to help the bus girl do her job. She's already such a good helper. Fred and I stare at each other thinking - This isn't quite how we imagined this afternoon...we need to make a list of conversation, uh restarters?



On this outing we saw the one thing I wished for the most for my daughters sweet 16 (good thing I had one, otherwise I'd have to find some other insane reason to put this to use) I know our families will be quite disappointed that we won't be having a quincenera for Olyvia...Oh well...a sweet 16 it is. After all, that's when she'll be allowed to go on her first date :)

No comments:

Post a Comment